10 day culinary & cultural adventure in Puglia, Italy
Spend an unforgettable week learning the secrets of a deeply passionate and undiscovered region of Southern Italy in this ten-day wine, gastronomy, and cultural experience in Puglia.
Puglia is the sun-drenched heel of the boot that spans two seas, the Adriatic and the Ionian. With a dry Mediterranean climate perfect for wine making, spectacular white-washed villages, a diverse cultural and architectural history, rich fertile soil, and miles of gorgeous coastline, this region is making its mark as an authentic European foodie destination.
• Bread-making demonstration in Altamura at a DOP bakery
• In-depth guided visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Matera
• Olive grove tour and oil tasting at an ancient olive oil estate
• Insider’s look at burrata cheese making at a local farm
• Guided visit to the Trullo Capital Alberobello, a UNESCO Heritage Site
• Hands-on cooking class at a farm house with local “pasta mammas”
• Visit one of the many street markets where locals sell their fresh produce and other items
• Private wine tour and tasting with lunch at a renowned winery
• A special dinner and hands-on cooking class with the executive chef at a state-of-the-art culinary school in a castle
• Free time for relaxing, lounging, spa visits, and shopping
• 5-star accommodations in a city hotel, a countryside agricultural estate (Masseria), and a restored and updated castle that includes the premier Culinary School in Italy.
• Access to up-and-coming vineyards and small producers not usually open to the public.
• Walking tours of the region’s most characteristic cities and towns with certified local guides.
• Special breakfasts daily, except on day of arrival, seven memorable lunches, and seven extraordinary dinners
• Wine included with some meals, and available to purchase with others.
• Guest transfers and shuttles and luggage handling
• Local drivers and guides and a tour manager for the entire trip